Friday 3 June 2011

4-H- Head, Heart, Hands, Health

4-H. I have personally been in a beef 4-H club for the past 7 years. 4-H has taught me many things. I have learnt how to feed and keep updated records on expenses and other business related topics. I have been a President, Secretary and Reporter and have been actively involved in District and Regional events. Whether it is judging, public speaking, or a beef show.  I have attended junior and intermediate summer camps as well as PDP 2. In my future years in 4H i plan on attending LTCS ( Leadership Through Counselling Seminar), SMC ( Senior Members Conference), Provincial Judging, PDP Plus, Club Week, and many many more. There are many clubs in and around my area. The majority is beef. There is many other projects which include sewing, cooking, archery, crafts, canine, horse,dairy,goat, sheep, swine, poultry, photography and pretty much anything you can think of. 4H provides many people all over Alberta and worldwide to receive scholarships. 4-H is a great way to meet friends, create responsibilty, create leadership, and a great way to have fun.
This is a picture of my 2010-2011 4-H steer. His name is Wrangler and he weighs roughly around 1425lbs. My achievement day is held on June 11,2011 at the Medicine Hat Fieldhouse. Show at 9:00 am and Sale 2:30pm. I really enjoyed my 7th year of 4-H with Wrangler.

No comments:

Post a Comment