Sunday 12 June 2011

Yesterday was our 4-H Achievement Day. Wrangler weighed in at 1459 lbs off the trailer and 1415 lbs with a 3% shrink. He gained an average of 3.66 lbs a day. He was Grand Champion Steer out of the Irvine 4-H Beef Club and rate of gain winner. He sold to Balog Auction Services for $2.05/lb. It was a very successful day. I had spent many hours working on my steer. He was in my barn for 2 weeks everyday, getting rinsed twice a day, had 2 fans on him and then getting exercised. I was very surprised to see how much hair he actually grew and how well he really turned out. This 4-H year has finally came to a close. It was a very busy year with trying out new ideas and participating in different club activities. Soon enough I will be headed off to LTCS (leadership through training seminar) though. My 7th year is over, time for a new year to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment